The CW regenerator works on the CW (Morse) signal in the centre of the passband. It detects the signal and regenerates the CW with a clean sine-wave.
The detection frequency is the same as the centre frequency of the bandpass filter. So to change that frequency, change the centre frequency of the bandpass filter.
The following parameters are adjustable in the "CW regen" submenu:
- Toggle CW regenerator on or off.
- Detection threshold. If noise is being falsely detected as a signal, increase this to make detection less sensitive.
- Output frequency can be set to either a user defined constant value, or to follow the detection frequency.
- Output volume. Turning the volume knob still affects the volume, this setting acts in combination with it. This allows the volume of the regenerated tone to be adjusted to be close to the original audio, to avoid sudden changes in volume when toggling CW regeneration.
- Toggle split stereo mode, where the regenerated signal is sent to the left headphone output and to the speaker, and the original signal to the right headphone output.